Thursday, January 12, 2017

BrickSmarts Hosts MOMs Club of Westchase Playdate


Wednesday, BrickSmarts had the awesome opportunity to host a playdate with the MOMs Club of Westchase to talk about using Duplo Legos as a learning tool.  This playgroup is a valuable local resource for any mom who is looking for kid friendly activities, friendships, and opportunities to socialize!  What a GREAT group of moms and kids!  

As I talked to some of the moms in this group, I saw myself 5-6 years ago.  I couldn't help but think about how important being part of a mom’s group was, when I became a new mom.  When my oldest son Dylan was born, I joined a newborn group hosted at the maternity hospital where I delivered.  I’m pretty sure I started attending as early as 3 days after we were released from the hospital.  As a new mom, I was terrified to leave the house with my new bundle of joy.  I was paranoid about germs…the rain…strangers.  I remember sitting in a circle and listening to the other sleep deprived mothers, ask questions about nursing, pooping, sleeping, breathing, and it was such a relief to know that I was not alone.  I was not alone in the fact that I was clueless how to breastfeed, I was clueless how to calm my screaming baby, I was clueless how to feel like myself after nine months of sharing a body with another human being.  

I participated in various mom’s groups until my youngest son was 2 years old.  Honestly it was the best way to meet other moms.  I met one of my closest friends in a mom’s group.  After about 20 minutes of talking with her, we realized that our kids were exactly 1 day apart in age, we drove the same exact car, and we lived less then 1 mile from each other.  It was an instant connection and we are still close friends 7 years later.  The benefits of Moms’ groups are endless!  They are the perfect place for first time moms, and moms with multiple children to socialize and support each other.  They provide safe spaces for infants and toddlers to explore new environments and interact with other children.  

For BrickSmarts, it was a perfect opportunity to spread the word about our new small business.  We are currently working to expand our inventory to include Dulpo sets due to demand.  Just like their mini counterpart…there is LOTS of life left in them, long after the kids out grow them.  Check our website and social media regularly for newly added sets!  www.BrickSmarts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment