Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My Master Builders LOVE Pokémon {Our Mega Trading Card Adventure}


Last Sunday, (yes Super Bowl Sunday) the boys and I ventured out to the public library in Brandon FL, where every other week they host a Pokémon card trading event.  Let me tell you...my kids were in Heaven.  They proudly brought their pouches of Pokémon cards with them.  Most of the kids had fancy binders, which my kids thought were AWESOME.  Scattered around the room were kids trading cards and playing games of Pokémon.  Now I have to be honest, up until that time, I had never really looked closely at the cards, let alone play the game.  I was embarrassed to admit to one of the other moms, that I had accidentally thrown away the game board and "damage markers" that came in the package...ooopsies.  To my pleasant surprise my kids wasted no time walking up to other kids and asking them to trade.  Both of my kiddos are somewhat shy when it come to new or unfamiliar situations so I was glad that they were eager to participate.  


Here are my little guys trying their hand at Pokémon card trading.  Luckily there was older kids and a Pokémon aficionado there to check the trades for fairness.  



There were also some exciting games of Pokémon being played by some older kids.  My kids were pretty intrigued.  


 Our friends from school (the family that invited us to the event) were there to participate in the trading care fun too!  It was nice to have some familiar faces there.  They even took the time to teach us the basics of the game.  It's pretty addicting.  I think I liked it as much as the kids.  Surprisingly it's a great way to practice math and reading skills...BONUS!



Awesome time had by all!  The kids went home and traded their own cards for about 2 hours afterwards.  Now they can't leave the house without their cards and somehow I can see organization binders in our future!  


This is a biweekly event at our local library.  Libraries are great places to attend or host a free activity.  We are currently looking into hosting a Lego Playgroup at our local branch.  Keep up to date with our community outreach at BrickSmarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment